How to join.
If you are interested in joining the worship team please complete our 'introduction to the worship team' form (download below) and/or speak with one of our worship team leaders. Our worship team culture and climate is underpinned by the 3C's - character, competency and chemistry.
Introduction to the Worship/PA team form
If you’re a talented musician, vocalist or PA person with a heart for God, then serving in the Worship/PA team could be for you. We are looking for both anointing and excellence, not only in your ability and skill as a musician, but also in your character and leadership.
Joining the team information
- There is no set lower or upper age limit to join the Worship/PA team (involvement of younger musicians is decided on a case by case basis). We do however run a youth worship team for our younger musicians.
- We use an iPad app called OnSong for chords and songlists (sets can also be sent to you in PDF format if you don’t have the app or via dropbox)
- We use a Behringer X32 Digital Mixer. Introductory tutorial videos on how to operate this desk can be found here
All team members must;
- Be active members of the church
- Understand the culture and climate of our worship team (the 3C's)
- Support our vision and values statement
- Aim for excellence
- Attend monthly team nights
- Be able to play from a chord chart/lead sheet
- Be able to transpose/play in different keys
- Be comfortable with unplanned moments and play appropriately to the moment
- Be comfortable with playing different styles of music
- Follow the worship leader to allow for spontaneity
- Have an excellent sense of timing/rhythm, play sensitively and be able to play to a click track if required (drummers)
- Be secure in tone and pitch
- Be able to sing background harmonies
PA team members should;
- Have a love for music and a reasonable level of technical aptitude
- Be able to identify individual instruments /voices to establish a balanced, dynamic and engaging live mix
- Serve the worship team to make things as smooth as possible.